Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) is an electricity generation and distribution organization under the control of Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited. This board was formed as a directed business model to succeed the previous Board for Tamil Nadu Electricity.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board was initially established on July 1, 1957, as the Madras State Electricity Board. At the time, TNEB was a successor to the former Electricity Department of the Government of Madras, which operated under the authority of the Department of Power. After some time, it became known as the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board. According to the number of consumers, it is the largest State Electricity Board in the nation.
Steps to check the status of your TNEB bill online
- Please visit the TANGEDCO website to get information about TNEB.
- Click on the ‘Billing Services’ option.
- Select the ‘Bill Status Menu’ option under Billing Services.
- On the next page, you will see the related fields that need to be filled out.
- Please enter the service number for your account mentioned in a hard copy of your electricity bill.
- In the next step, you will need to select the residing area. Once you have entered the captcha code, you can view and check your electric power bill.
Pay Your Electricity Bill with Bajaj Finserv Payment System
To pay your electricity bill online, head over to the Bajaj Finserv website, click on the BBPS login page and follow these steps:
- Enter your full name and your mobile number and click on ‘Generate OTP’ to receive a 6-digit OTP on your phone.
- Enter the OTP on the next page and click on ‘Submit’ to login successfully.
- Once you’ve logged in, head over to the ‘Utilities and Bills’ section and select ‘Electricity’.
- On the next page, choose your electricity operator, enter your CRN number and click on ‘Proceed’. Your bill will be automatically fetched on the basis of the details you provide.
- Select your preferred mode of payment and click on ‘Pay’.
- Enter your payment details and complete the payment, after which you will get a payment confirmation on the screen along with a receipt for the same.
Here are the steps you need to take to do TNEB online bill payment with TANGEDCO
- Visit the official website of TANGEDCO.
- Click on ‘Online Bill Payment’ under the ‘Billing Services’ section of the homepage. You will be redirected to a new page.
- Enter your login credentials below and click on the ‘Login’ button. You can view your power bill by selecting the ‘My Bills’ option from the drop-down menu. To complete the payment of your power bill, click on the ‘Quick Pay’ button.
- You will be taken to a new page where you can choose your preferred payment mode for TNEB online bill payment.
- Upon selecting your TNEB online bill payment method, enter the necessary information and click the ‘Proceed’ button. You will be redirected to a payment portal, where you must follow the TNEB online bill payment instructions.
- After TNEB online bill payment, you will receive a confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number and email address. On the site, under the section titled ‘My Bills,’ you can check your payment status.
Pay TNEB bills using a mobile app
You can also do TNEB online bill payment through the TANGEDCO mobile app available on Apple and Google Play stores. Here are the steps you need to follow to do so:
- You can install the TANGEDCO app on your mobile device.
- After installation of an application, you have to grant permission to the app to make and control phone calls. In addition, you will have to provide the app with access to your phone’s images, media, and files for it to function correctly.
- After you have entered your username and password, click on the ‘Login’ button to continue.
- As part of the registration process, you must provide a four-digit PIN. As soon as you have entered the four-digit PIN, you will be prompted to confirm it in the next step.
- To edit your profile, you must submit the requested information to TNEB after logging in.
- When you have finished editing your profile, you will return to the main screen of the app.
- You can do TNEB online bill payment by clicking the ‘Quick Pay’ button.
- Select the method of payment convenient for you.
- In the next step, you will be redirected to the payment gateway. The remaining steps of the payment process need to be followed to complete the transaction.
- Your registered mobile phone number and email address will receive a confirmation by SMS and email.
Offline payment for TNEB bills
If you want to pay your electricity bill offline, you can visit the TNEB office. You must bring your most recent electric bill when you visit the TNEB office. The payment options available include debit card, UPI, check, cash, demand draft, or credit card. You will receive a receipt as soon as the transaction has been completed, which you can keep for future reference.
TNEB customer service and helpline number
Whenever you have any questions or concerns, you can call the electricity supply department at helpline number 1912. Users can access this facility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also reach them by calling 044-28521109 or sending a WhatsApp message to 9445850811. It is also possible to reach the office by phone at 044-24959525 if you need assistance. Visit TANGEDCO’s official website and find the section titled ‘Consumer Services’ to register your questions or concerns. If you complain to the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board, an executive from the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board customer care department will contact you as soon as possible.