The question arises of how to export Thunderbird MBOX to PST format with full accuracy, and the solution is in this write-up. These questions and queries are so common nowadays. Let’s move to the solution part of the write-up.
Some of the users are new to the Thunderbird conversion blogs. They are finding an accurate blog or solution for the migration of Mozilla Thunderbird to the Outlook mailbox. The number of new users is lower as they have already migrated their data to Outlook. Except for perhaps the fact that now the preceding procedure was ineffective and ended in data loss. The conversion for new account users of Thunderbird may be tough and stressful for them. Users could face the loss of data or an unreliable conversion result. This will waste your time and energy.
Here, filter out the best solution to export Thunderbird MBOX to PST.
Manual Approaches to Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook PST
Using the IMAP protocol is a method that mostly works, presuming that the users are keen to implement it. To continue this method, it requires you to configure your Gmail account in both email clients: Mozilla Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook.
Hence, Gmail is the best web email service, so we will go with this:
Step 1: Enabling the IMAP Option in Gmail
- Open Google Chrome and search for “Gmail login” and click on the search button.
- Now log into your Gmail account with the credentials. You can see the gear icon. Click on it to open the settings.
- Switch to the forwarding and POP/IMAP tabs and look for the option to enable IMAP.
- Click on the save button and log out.
Step 2: Configuring the Gmail into Thunderbird
- Download and install Mozilla Thunderbird and start with the Tools option.
- Click on account settings and choose the account action > add mail account.
- Enter your credential details and continue.
- Now select the IMAP option and click on “Done.”
- From now on, you can see the new mail for this account by clicking on the mailbox option.
It necessitates moving the mail that has to be transferred from Mozilla to PST into your Gmail account. Simply drag and drop the emails into the Gmail inbox, or enable Thunderbird’s copy/move function.
Step 4: Enable Using the Same Account in MS Outlook
To migrate data from the thunderbird account to Outlook PST, the user requires Mozilla data via the exact same method in Outlook. Follow the given steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click on the file in the top-left corner of the page. Click on the Add account option > manual setup > Next
- Select between POP or IMAP > Next.
- The dialog box is opened. Fill in all the details and click on Next.
- Now open the advanced settings option and tick on the Outgoing Server tab.
- You need to set the port numbers to 993/995 and 465/587 sequentially.
- Hit the OK button and test the settings and click on next.
A Hassle-Free Method to Export Thunderbird MBOX to PST
The above manual technique considers four-step methods, each of which contains sub-steps. Those sub-steps will help you with migrating Thunderbird to Outlook. The issue is that it is quite lengthy and difficult to perform. as well as time-consuming and hectic for many users. As a result, using an easy-to-use application like MBOX to PST Converter is encouraged.
- Download the MBOX to PST converter and install it
- Browse your Thunderbird mailbox and see a glimpse of your stuff.
- Choose “PST” as your destination location.
- To convert Thunderbird to PST, click “Start.”
In conclusion, the mail transfer chain gains a unique turn with each new release and upgrade of email clients. So there are always some changes we require in the service of email clients. According to the rating and review in email client service users, Outlook has a minimum number of changes required according to the ratting and review. Same all want to convert MBOX to PST format with a fast and efficient solution known as MBOX to PST converter software.