Being aware of the CLAT exam pattern, syllabus, and marking scheme is necessary. Strategic planning and a proper study routine must be laid out and followed religiously. Taking mock tests and practising through CLAT sample papers significantly improves the students’ performance. CLAT Sample Paper and Mock Tests can help aspirants have a fair idea of how the actual exam would be. Therefore makes them confident about their preparations.
Being a lawyer is a very admirable job. Students are getting to know the field better and thereby willing to pursue the field of law after +2 level or graduation. CLAT, Common Law Admission Test, is the gateway to getting admission to NLUs for undergraduate and postgraduate courses in law. Therefore, the number of students appearing for CLAT each year is increasing. The competition is getting tough each year. Getting a good score becomes more important to sail through the stiff competition in the field and secure a seat at the desired law college. Read through the article to find some good and easy to access sample papers for CLAT preparations.
Before we get to know more about CLAT sample papers, let us explore the other important information about CLAT.
CLAT Exam Pattern: Overview
Knowing the exam pattern and the syllabus must be the first thing a candidate does before making a study plan or selecting study material. The following table provides an overview of the CLAT exam:
|Number of Sections||5|
|Sections||English includes comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Techniques.|
|Total no. of questions||150|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct response.
0.25 deducted for every incorrect response.
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
CLAT Exam Pattern: Section Wise Distribution and Weightage
The section-wise distribution of questions and marks will help the candidate understand the exam pattern better. The candidate can decide which section will be given more time and practice.
|CLAT total marks||Weightage|
|1||English including Comprehension||28-32||28-32||20%|
|2||General Knowledge and Current Affairs||35-39||32-35||25%|
CLAT Sample Paper
Solving CLAT sample papers is an integral part of the preparations. But where to procure good sample papers from? Hitbullseye is providing candidates with some free full-length tests. These sample papers are curated by CLAT experts and according to the latest exam pattern. Click here to download.
But getting a good sample paper is not it, to make the best use of it, the candidates need to keep all these things in mind:
- Due to no sectional time, candidates tend to spare more time than needed on a section. Therefore, the candidate must be mindful of the time he/she is giving to a section. Save time for tricky questions.
- Along with time management, answering with accuracy is another thing to be mindful of. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong question, so guessing must be avoided.
- Avoid getting stuck on a question. Leave that question so that there is enough time left for the other questions too.
- Analysing the sample paper is as important as solving it. Analyse the result of the sample paper and identify areas of weakness and strengthen and then accordingly alter your further study/revision plans.
Importance of CLAT Sample Papers
Sample papers are test papers set to give candidates an idea of how the real exam paper will be. It can give a fair idea to the candidate about the patterns, types of questions and their difficulty levels. Sample papers also help candidates assess their progress. Once the candidate feels that he/she has prepared enough and now wishes to check their speed and accuracy, he/she can solve sample papers. Post solving them, the papers can be analysed to see the progress. Further concepts that need attention can also be identified. Overall through sample papers, candidates can learn to manage their time, revise and get further practice for the exam. Solving a number of sample papers will enhance your reading skills too and give candidates exposure to multiple types of questions. The candidate can use these skills to crack the CLAT exam.
Importance of CLAT Mock Tests
CLAT Mock Test plays an essential part in CLAT exam preparations. They help the candidates in the following ways:
- Mock tests help to understand the paper pattern better.
- It also gives an idea about the type of questions and level of difficulty of the exam.
- Candidates’ accuracy and speed can improve with regular mock test practice.
- Candidates can build exam temperament by taking mock tests.
- Mock tests help to assess subject wise as well as overall progress. Mock tests can be used for practising along with simultaneous progress checks.
CLAT Marking Scheme
Another aspect of the exam that must be kept in mind is the marking scheme. Exams with negative marking and a time limit to them, demand accuracy and speed, both at once. Therefore, in the case of negative marking, it is not about attempting maximum questions rather one must focus on doing questions with maximum accuracy. The following pattern is followed for the marking of the CLAT exam:
- 1 mark is awarded for every correct response.
- 0.25 mark is deducted for every incorrect response.
- No marks are awarded or deducted for unattempted questions.
Keeping the marking scheme in mind, the candidates must avoid guesswork.
To check for the eligibility, syllabus and other important details about the CLAT exam, visit the official site consortiumofnlus.ac.in or click here.