Digital learning has transformed learning throughout the world. It has demonstrated to the world that one doesn’t need to undergo traditional teaching to learn about anything. You can sit in the comfort of your room or be anywhere in the world and learn about anything. Courtesy of digital learning courses.
As per studies, eLearning improves retention rates from 25% to 60%. Furthermore, the corporate learning market can increase by $38.09 billion between 2020 and 2024.
Having realised the potential of e-learning, many organisations have tried to leverage its benefits via introducing Online Safety Training to address the safety issues in the workplace. Your workplace may look safe on the surface level, but is it really safe? What do you do in case of an accident? How do you react in a way that subsides the issue and does not intensify it? Online safety courses aim to give you the answers to all the questions and more.
However, with numerous safety training courses online, how do you choose the one that fits the need of your organisation? Here’s how…
Tips to Choose the Right Digital Learning Course
The right digital learning course will hit all the targets. It will be comprehensive and will address all the necessary concerns. Here are some tips to help you choose the right digital course for your organisation:
- Confirm the Topics Before Enrolling: Not every online safety course will address your needs. Courses that cover basic health and safety practices might work well as an introduction. But if you want employees to be aware of industry-specific challenges, you must pick those courses that address them.
- Check for the Language: Is the course easy to follow? The ease of language will play a vital role in determining how well your employees comprehend and retain information. Thus, choose a course thats easy on the language.
- Verify the Source: When choosing safety training courses online, check for the source. It is from an organisation that has extensive experience in the field? Are they credible? Select a course thats from a credible source. This will ensure that you are offering your employees well-research information. Also, if the organisation is reputed, its program is likely updated with the latest information and practices.
- Check for Activities: If the course is heavy on information with no activity to initiate a recall, your employees may experience an information overload. Furthermore, if the program is not divided into smaller segments, the tendency to experience overload will be higher.
Benefits of Digital Learning Courses
- Accessible Anywhere & Anytime: Since digital learning courses do not require you to be present at a specific place at a fixed hour, you can attend these courses from practically anywhere.
- Learning at Individual Pace: This is, by far, one of the best advantages of a digital course. All the employees can learn at their own pace without worrying about catching up with their peers.
- Easy to Revisit: Most digital learning courses offer material that is accessible even after the course program ends. This makes it easier to go back and revisit any information at any hour.
- Cost-effective for Employers: Unlike conventional learning, digital learning does not need advanced infrastructure or dedicated space. You can attend it from the comfort of your home or a cafe on your phone or laptop using the internet. This saves the employer from overhead expenses.
Partnering with the British Safety Council: A Wise Choice
After more than 60 years of operation, the British Safety Council inaugurated its first international office in Mumbai, India, in 2019. This revolutionary company ensures that your workers are safe from accidents and in good health while they are at work. Many international organisations rely on them because they are pioneers in environmental, health, and safety management and training.
Online Safety Training courses by the British Safety Council are a smart move. Their tagline is straightforward, demonstrating their intention – No one should be injured or made ill through their work.
The courses are well-structured, easy to follow, and in-depth. The knowledge imparted is up to date and as per the latest practices. They have a plethora of options to choose from. You can suit the one that fulfils your needs the best.